• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C /heater cable

Doug Larsson

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
I purchased an A/C/ heater cable from Classic Industries for my 1973 Dodge Charger from the center of one eyelit to the other. It's 59", but the black sheathing that surrounds the cable is too short for me to clamp down on the engine side, which goes to the valve. Does anyone know of a company that makes these so I can call them directly. Classic Industsries wouldn't give me the number of their supplier they said they don't talk to customers. Whoever had the car before me had a choke cable on it with a different kind of clamping system on it which it had a kink in the cable, so i couldn't use it very well. I want to go back to the original way, which looks like this. Here's also a picture of my dilemma.

20230727_195215.jpg

Screenshot_20230728_095317_Gallery.jpg

FB_IMG_1689085048411.jpg

I would get it hooked up on the control and then set it up like your bottom picture using the spring clip/adjuster that is on the valve lever pin now.. Cut the eye off the cable. It should adjust ok doing it that way.

I would get it hooked up on the control and then set it up like your bottom picture using the spring clip/adjuster that is on the valve lever pin now.. Cut the eye off the cable. It should adjust ok doing it that way.
I did that and you can see in the one picture the black sheathing is too short I can't clamp it down. I'm barely clamping onto the black sheathing inside the car behind the controller.

I did that and you can see in the one picture the black sheathing is too short I can't clamp it down. I'm barely clamping onto the black sheathing inside the car behind the controller.
Cut the eye off on the valve end. Pull the inner cable out and trim an inch or so off the black casing. Reinstall the inner liner and then you should be good to go.

Cut the eye off on the valve end. Pull the inner cable out and trim an inch or so off the black casing. Reinstall the inner liner and then you should be good to go.
I can't do that because then I have no way to clamp on the controller end. Here's a pic to show you. If they would of gave me 2 more inches of the black part this wouldn't be and issue. That's why I'm asking if any one knows any companies that make these that I can talk to myself.

20230711_190138.jpg

Screenshot_20230728_095317_Gallery.jpg

I'm stretch as far as I can go I even moved the cable back more off the controller end to barely clamp it and still to short

I'm stretch as far as I can go I even moved the cable back more off the controller end to barely clamp it and still to short
So the cable itself will not reach. If thats the case and you have it routed correctly then its the wrong cable.

So the cable itself will not reach. If thats the case and you have it routed correctly then its the wrong cable.
Not according to Classic Industries I argued with them saying you can't put multiple year cars thinking they're all the same.

Not according to Classic Industries I argued with them saying you can't put multiple year cars thinking they're all the same.
Need to find someone that can measure a cable for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back