• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/c relay

Bro4297

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where the a/c relay is located. In the engine compartment on the fire way or under dash, 77 cordoba.

Dont think it has one power should come from the controls to the HI/LOW pressure switch on the dryer i think to the a/c compressor .

Old topic, but.. Has anyone a picture where i could locate hi/low pressure switch of -77 Cordoba (400cid). I'm not so familiar with a/c system and socket from compressor is hanging freely not connected anywhere.

IMG_20190309_131640.jpg

I think i found it! Now, how do i test it's working?

IMG_20190312_163156.jpg

I think i found it! Now, how do i test it's working?

View attachment 732654

That is the freon level sensor. If freon is low it will prevent the compressor clutch from running to keep from burning it up. You can for a very short period of time pull the wiring off the sensor and run a jumper wire across the wiring to bypass and test compressor and clutch operation.

Thanks mgoblue9798!
So, since there's no power going thru this sensor (the other pin has 12V), my freon level is down (or maybe there's nothing).. I did test compressor clutch with jump wire and it seems to work.

Auto Transport Service
Back