• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A daughter on a mission to find her daddy’s car

Amanda Fragala

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
My name is Amanda but everyone calls me Mandy. Since my daddy unexpectedly passed away in February 2020, me and my 14 year old son have been on a mission to find one of his Chargers he owned before i came along. (I was an oops baby). I know specific details about one charger he had that i have found out through asking a ton of questions. I am pretty sure it was a 1973 model. The color was originally gold or yellow, he didn't like it and spray painted it black. It rained directly afterward and looked like a tear drop paint job. It had black interior, bench seats, a weird sounding horn with a switch wired under the dash. It may have had lights of some sort also wired to a switch. It was a two door and i have the name of the person he bought it from and possibly sold it to. Any ideas on how to find this my daddy’s car? Anyone heard of any cars with these features? I think it could possibly be between a 68-74 model or at least some of the ones he owned were these models. Any and all tips are
Appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mandy Welcome! I wish you luck on the search. It will be tough but stay on it.

We need more info to help you

What state and town was it sold?
what year was it sold?
Do you have any pictures of it?
Do you have a VIN number- old registration or insurance papers?

Welcome from North Florida !
Probably going to need more to go on like a Vin# and post in the “ lost & found “ forum.
I am sure others here can give good advice.
This is a great place to start your search and the best of luck to you :thumbsup:

Welcome from Alabama, all of the above or what you have of it will certainly help. Also posting in the forum that people search when looking or have found cars, will get the most attention.

Don’t lose heart of give up. We’ve seen some miracles on this site with much less info than you provided. As said above the more the better on numbers detail etc

First, welcome to the forum. Happy to have you. As others have said, the more info, the better and don't give up. Your story touched my heart when I read it! Good luck and God bless. ruffcut

:welcome: from Connecticut.
I see that you have a location of Louisiana.
My advice would be for you to also reach to the folks at Mopar Collectors Guide magazine in Baton Rouge and see if they would be interested in putting a blurb in their magazine and webpage or maybe they know of the cars. This is in addition to the assistance from the members here. Good luck to you.
PS -. If you find a VIN you can "Google it" to see if a car was ever sold online.

Last edited:
Welcome from Missouri!!

Good luck. I’ve been searching for a while for my departed elder cousin’s rare 426 64 Polara for his daughter posting the vin and such. But, some have found their long lost cars. Good tips here to keep hunting.

Welcome Mandy from CT. Check where you pay motor vehicle taxes for Vehicle Identification Number. There might be more information about the car. Good Luck!

Welcome good luck with your search

Very unlikely.

However, we did just have a success story where a member found the car another member was looking for.

About 3-4 months ago IIRC.

I believe the VIN was known.

Welcome to the site! Like R413 mentioned, the more info you have of it the better. Finding some photographs and posting them on here will help too....

Obviously, if you have an idea of the name of the person it was sold to, that is your best lead. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to find most people with a search engine. If that is a dead end, in my experience most sold cars do not travel far.... so your best chances are searching locally. Try an ad in the paper, go to local cruises with a poster, talk to other Mopar owners at the cruises and car shows, reach out to local car clubs, Facebook usually has local car groups you can join, ..... I've even seen "Wanted" posters is auto parts store windows.

Good luck!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the Charger search, photos would help
(along with reg. vin #'s & other relevant info)
with photos at least so we could identify the correct year
lots of differences between a 1968 (gen 2, 1968-70)
& a 1974 (gen 3, 1971-74) body style & options

good luck

Id the OP can find an old registration, it should have the VIN.

...or an insurance policy.

Auto Transport Service
Back