• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A pretty cool Easter.

SteveSS

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
We did our traditional Easter at Grandma's ranch. She'll be 92 in June so it was great to share this holiday with her. We had my daughter, her boyfriend, my son, his girlfriend, my Air Force Academy cadet that we sponsor, and me. I bought most of the food from the supermarket since I'm not a very good cook.

A smoked honey ham, coleslaw, potato salad, sweet potatoes, and apple juice, my daughter made some fancy chocolate desserts. We boiled 5 dozen eggs and everyone decorated them with dies and appliques. We had 75 plastic eggs that had quarters, candy and 5 of them had new $2 bills. I hid them in the lawn of the ranch and the 5 kids had to find them. You wouldn't think it but kids in their 20's can still get competitive when it comes to Easter eggs. At dinner, everyone had a new Hot Wheels car at their place setting.

I know it sounds crazy but it's fun to keep a 20-year-old tradition. Grandma loved it and it was fun to introduce it to our new cadet. I think he had a good time. Happy Easter!

Sounds like our Easters were very similar.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great day with family and friends. Each day is a blessing just like Easter! 440'

I was thinking of doing the same but it's tough to fit auto parts in plastic Easter eggs

Auto Transport Service
Back