• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A visit from the Christmas Fox.

SteveSS

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
I put the remains of a ham out last night. This morning it was gone. Nice picture of our fox. If you've never heard a fox it sounds like a woman screaming.

Christmas Fox.JPG

We also have a black and white fox but it looks like he got there a little too late for a meal.

Our place is crawling with them. They den under our old shed. Litters every year for years. They become quite bold. We never ever feed them. Was always told "A fed fox was a dead fox" Meaning they soon become dependent of the hand outs. And yes they certainly scream like a banshee.

little foxes2.JPG

When I was a kid I found a fox den and 4 kits. I was there and played with them for several hours. Careful with those little guys they bite really hard and teeth are sharp.

We had a coyote puppy as a pet when we were kids. He was friendly but he did bite a lot, although not too hard. No worse really than our Newfoundland puppies. He did always pee when he was excited so we never let him in the house. When we found him playing with a dead cat in the backyard we figured it was time to release him.

Auto Transport Service
Back