• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC controls

Encswsm

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Hello Group,
as I sort out the 1966 CHARGER I recently bought Im finding that one of the previous owners Removed the A/C Heat controls from the dash. I had a big plastic bucket of parts but after sorting through it I realise the Climate controls are not there. I need a line on where to find ac controls so I can get some air going. I live in southern Alabama and have to have A/C for the summer. Also if anyone has photos of the support Structure behind the dash it would help.
Thanks a lot

Factory service manual will be your best friend, I also believe my mopar has downloadable manuals too.

I literally need everything. The levers and all are missing. I need them to put a vintage air system in.
Use the non a/c kit for the control panel. You do not use any of the OEM panel controls. Just call Vintage and they will fix you up.

Use the non a/c kit for the control panel. You do not use any of the OEM panel controls. Just call Vintage and they will fix you up.
I think they want you to use the installed controls. I wil call though. Thanks

Your putting in what? Vintage air or original? I have registers air box and controller
I plan to use the Vintage air system but they need the factory AC controls. At least that is what the Installation instructions say.
If you have the controls what may you be asking for them?’
Thanks

I installed the non air Vintage Air system in my 66 and it used the original non air heater controls and repurposed them to control the AC.

I installed the non air Vintage Air system in my 66 and it used the original non air heater controls and repurposed them to control the AC.
Well if you read the current non-a/c instructions it says to discard the controls.
Perform the Following:
Figure 3
Remove glove box (discard, but retain OEM screws).
Disconnect all wires and cables from OEM control panel (discard).
Remove OEM control panel assembly (discard).
Remove OEM duct hoses from defrost ducts (discard).
Remove OEM passenger side defrost duct (discard, but retain OEM nuts).
Remove OEM heater assembly (discard) (See Figure 3, below).

Last edited:
LINK <This is the link for current instructions from Vintage Air for conversion of the non air controls to be repurposed to control the Vintage Air system.

Auto Transport Service
Back