• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC / Heater Box controls

Sean brady

Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
68 charger with AC. Two questions, I am rebuilding the AC / Heater box (which was not together when I got it) and I do have the service manual, but it there a better way to adjust the linkage and test? (the book is not real clear).
Also, there are 3 springs on the box (one for the vent door, one small one on the heater door and one one the AC door). I am missing the one on the AC door. Does anybody know where to find one? Is it the same as size / tension as the one on the vent door?
Thanks

linkage.jpg

I rebuilt the AC/Heater box for my '66 Satellite last year. When testing it I hooked up a vacuum source to the controller and ran through the different heat AC settings adjusting everything accordingly. Not exactly the way the factory did it but it worked for me.
Also, I have an original unit that has never been touched. If you need some photos let me know.

68 charger with AC. Two questions, I am rebuilding the AC / Heater box (which was not together when I got it) and I do have the service manual, but it there a better way to adjust the linkage and test? (the book is not real clear).
Also, there are 3 springs on the box (one for the vent door, one small one on the heater door and one one the AC door). I am missing the one on the AC door. Does anybody know where to find one? Is it the same as size / tension as the one on the vent door?
Thanks

View attachment 1187657
I rebuilt the AC/Heater box for my '66 Satellite last year. When testing it I hooked up a vacuum source to the controller and ran through the different heat AC settings adjusting everything accordingly. Not exactly the way the factory did it but it worked for me.
Also, I have an original unit that has never been touched. If you need some photos let me know.
Thanks

View attachment 1187657
where can I get a service manual? 69 super bee with factory ac. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back