• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket radiators

Hanny

Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,
Looking for input on a radiator for my 72 charger.
Its a 400 car with air. I believe that would make it have the in and out on the passenger side.
At least that is what I have found as far as orientation.
I'm looking at a frost bite 3 row from Holley.
anyone use these? any suggestions?

Thank you

How fussy are you about original appearance? Glen-ray has the original look but the price is insane. I bought an aluminum last year from here Aluminum Radiators and Shrouds for Classic Cars and Hot Rods for a fraction of the price. For an extra $10 I got it black anodized. Be aware however that your original shroud doesn't work well on these rads but I made mine work. Or you can buy one from them.

Purchased my 22" radiator, shroud and electric fan from Ledfoot Racing. They are pretty easy to deal with and the prices seemed competitive.
rad2.jpg
rad1.jpg

Ledfoot is who I got my Champion rad from.

How fussy are you about original appearance? Glen-ray has the original look but the price is insane. I bought an aluminum last year from here Aluminum Radiators and Shrouds for Classic Cars and Hot Rods for a fraction of the price. For an extra $10 I got it black anodized. Be aware however that your original shroud doesn't work well on these rads but I made mine work. Or you can buy one from them.
appearance is no matter to me. fit, quality and price is what I am looking for. thanks for the link.

From personal experience with aftermarket radiators, Wizard fits great with stock shroud. Champion is garbage.

I use an Afco triple pass aluminum rad that cost me $200 and a $125 spall fan in my blown hemi.
Runs *180 unless I'm in line waiting to get into a car show.

433912-e3af0bef6a4f0edca7cf3f93fae26765.jpg

thumbnail (68).jpg

444894-ecadd3cd72f160b7a0b44299924bb1cf.jpg

thumbnail (100).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back