• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD roof skin

moperformance

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Couldnt believe how good it went on. The fit is perfect!!

Attachments

• beeinpaint 006.jpg
    beeinpaint 006.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 380
  • beeinpaint 007.jpg
    beeinpaint 007.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 370
  • beeinpaint 024.jpg
    beeinpaint 024.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 364
  • beeinpaint 022.jpg
    beeinpaint 022.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 345
I have used a good bit of their stuff with no issues.AMD quality is top notch.

Looks good! AMD makes some pretty decent stuff compared to the other big companys selling sheetmetal. Most of it needs some work/tweeking to fit right, but by no means like the other guys

Good to know because I have 2 full 1/4s and a roof skin from AMD to install on my buddies 69 RR.
What did you use on the joint from roof skin to 1/4 panel?

The roof flange was punched out with 5/16" holes about 1" apart then every other one was filled "spot weld style". each one was cooled with compressed air until cold. over and over until all were filled. A small stitch weld was used at each end just like the factory skin I pulled off. To fill the void that was normally filled with lead I used Duraglass. It doesn't absorb moisture and I'v never had any issues using it over clean metal.

Yeah, I just installed a set of their rear bumper brackets on my 70 Runner, and they looked/fit real nice...had the mopar part #'s and pentastar on 'em, too.

I was going to get one for my project but decided to use the one off my Bee when I decided to scrap the Bee.

DSCN0040.jpg
DSCN0045.jpg

wow! I need to put a skin on my 68 Charger. I just need some experienced individuals to assist...

Auto Transport Service
Back