• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Quarter Panel Question

EngineerDoug

Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have another quarter panel question I hope you can help me with. Before removing the quarters on my '68 B body, I measured a key gap on both sides of the car. The gap to which I refer is the "slot" that the quarter window slides through - between the top edge of the quarter panel and the inner panel that the window regulator bolts to. I had already removed all of the fuzzies, seals, and the quarter window mechanism because the car is stripped down to a shell.

Here's my issue - I measured a gap of 1 5/8" on one side and 2" on the other. Now there was some rust where the quarter met the door lock pillar, so this area is on shifting sand so to speak. When I install the new quarters I want to get these gaps right, so at this point I don't know what to shoot for.

Does anybody have a measurement of this gap? I just need the horizontal gap between the surfaces where the inner and outer fuzzies/seals are mounted.

Thanks a lot!

Auto Transport Service
Back