• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any demand on 14" steelies?

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
The 69 RR parts car I had had 14" rollers on it. I have not checked date codes (yet). Any demand on 14's? Or just more to the scrap pile?

I bought one at Carlisle about ten years back, looking for a correct rim for the spare tire. I've been in this situation a couple times with cars that have had the original spare removed. But I'm a bit off the beaten track, as I run 14" magnums for the original look, instead of larger pieces.

I bought one at Carlisle about ten years back, looking for a correct rim for the spare tire. I've been in this situation a couple times with cars that have had the original spare removed. But I'm a bit off the beaten track, as I run 14" magnums for the original look, instead of larger pieces.
I've heard of guys using them for spares.

Depends on which wheel it is.

I have some 14x6s for my 66 in the attic.

But deep down wouldn't mind finding the correct 14x5.5s for it.

I have scraped dozens and dozens of 14" over the years. Only use them occasional for rollers.

Last edited:
I've scrapped some too but that was before anyone was looking for them. Can't save everything....already too much stuff in my shop and of course, a lot of the stuff that has been sold off or scrapped was just before prices shot through the roof lol.

I've scrapped some too but that was before anyone was looking for them. Can't save everything....already too much stuff in my shop and of course, a lot of the stuff that has been sold off or scrapped was just before prices shot through the roof lol.
Like the '65 Hurst mags my wife made me sell for $50 in 1980. I'll bet they sure dressed up the Pinto that the buyer mounted them on.

Like the '65 Hurst mags my wife made me sell for $50 in 1980. I'll bet they sure dressed up the Pinto that the buyer mounted them on.
:rofl: Glad I don't have that problem anymore :D

15s have a better selection for tire sizes.
14s though still seem to have a pretty decent amount of new tires available.
60s 70s 75s.
Hard to tell the difference on a car unless you go read the side wall.
I would keep the 14s, some of stock look restorations still run hub caps.
Lol, I just have trouble tossing any Mopar parts that are still in good shape.

14x6” are still pretty sought after.

Auto Transport Service
Back