• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any pics of b body with 18” or bigger wheels ?

If those are late model Charger/Challenger/300/Magnum wheels, they may appear to fit but the bolt pattern is slightly different.

Kern is right, 5 x 114.3(4.5") vs 5 x 115 for classic vs current Mopar wheels. I have a set of 2010 Challenger wheels for my Coronet, but I have adapter/spacers that correct the bolt pattern.

FB_IMG_1696359592656.jpg

If you need big wheels for your old Mopar, you need mustang wheels. But there are even a few foreign cars that use the correct 5 on 4 1/2/114.3mm.
The A-body guys with 5 on 4" have the same problem, 5 on 100mm is close, but not right.

A Google search showed over 700 cars/suv's with 5 on 114.3/4.5 bc There is NO reason to use a wrong bolt pattern.

A Google search showed over 700 cars/suv's with 5 on 114.3/4.5 bc There is NO reason to use a wrong bolt pattern.
Right, now find one with decent offset/backspacing. Most modern cars run more than +35mm of offset compared to the stock +5mm offset on the Coronet wheels I have. (14x5.5 wide). As an example the later Mustang "Bullitt" wheels are around +45mm offset, while the Challenger wheels are +24mm, over 3/4" less needing to be spaced away from the tie rod end/ball joint.

Right, now find one with decent offset/backspacing. Most modern cars run more than +35mm of offset compared to the stock +5mm offset on the Coronet wheels I have. (14x5.5 wide). As an example the later Mustang "Bullitt" wheels are around +45mm offset, while the Challenger wheels are +24mm, over 3/4" less needing to be spaced away from the tie rod end/ball joint.
Okay , then find some off of an suv. They don't have the radical offsets that the mustang wheels have.
Oops, backspace. I refuse to use that offset bullshit.
You wanna use wheels that might break the studs and fall off? Okay, go for it. I wish you good luck.

Fear not, I fell down the rabbit hole reading about the 5x114.3 vs 5x115 bolt pattern issues...I chose "better safe than sorry".
The specs for these wheels were:
  • Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
  • Size: 18x7.5 in.
  • Finish: Black
  • Offset: +45 mm
  • Center Bore: 70.6 mm
While offset/backspace may not be ideal, the price was right (used) and they seem to fit the rear with no concerns. I haven't tried the fronts yet...time being what it is for fun projects and such.

Okay , then find some off of an suv. They don't have the radical offsets that the mustang wheels have.
Oops, backspace. I refuse to use that offset bullshit.
You wanna use wheels that might break the studs and fall off? Okay, go for it. I wish you good luck.
Did you miss the part where I'm running adapter/spacers that correct the bolt pattern? They're completely safe to use and allow me to run those wheels with the correct bolt pattern. An easy option for anyone.

Also, 45mm isn't a radical offset, it's pretty normal on modern cars/SUVs. And while you cling to "backspace" the rest of the world has moved on.

Okay, I guess I'm responsible for a clown show.
Rennkafer, I saw that you were using adapters. I was actually responding to 67belvedere. (Or thought I was!) assuming the black steelies he was going to use were 115mm. You know what happens when you assume......
So, congrats to both Rennkafer and 67Belvedere, you are both doing it right. Wrong pattern using an adapter helps put the wheel were needed. And those wheels look good on your car.
My bad guys, I'm sorry.

Okay, I guess I'm responsible for a clown show.
Rennkafer, I saw that you were using adapters. I was actually responding to 67belvedere. (Or thought I was!) assuming the black steelies he was going to use were 115mm. You know what happens when you assume......
So, congrats to both Rennkafer and 67Belvedere, you are both doing it right. Wrong pattern using an adapter helps put the wheel were needed. And those wheels look good on your car.
My bad guys, I'm sorry.
No worries, all good.

They look good from the front and back. But the side view looks like bicycle tires. Non very muscular looking on a muscle car. Just my personal opinion. And it's your car. Do what you like.

If you aren't too picky, there are starting to be some used sets of correct bolt pattern/offset wheels floating around... from Mopar or Ford guys who decided to go back to stock or their aftermarket wheels are dated. sometimes you can take a dated wheel and do a partial blackout and make it look modern... or you may find a "dated" set that you like and don't care about latest and greatest. I find 5 spoke anything always looks ok.

B1g5qiW.jpg

Aodhan 18x10.5 with 285/40-18 rear, 18x9.5 with 255/45-18 front. Nothing fancy, we will get the ride height sorted out when the boy gets the money for upgrades. This is my 14 year old sons first car.

Auto Transport Service
Back