• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AT&T Customers Unaware Of Network Outage Since They're Used To Not Having Cell Signal

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Feb 22, 2024

Article Image

EAST GREENVILLE, PA — AT&T customers were surprised to learn there was a network outage affecting most of the company's subscribers this Thursday. Customers noted that they are so accustomed to not having a functioning cell signal that they didn't notice anything was amiss.

"I woke up to zero bars on my AT&T cell phone," said local resident and AT&T subscriber Bruno Knoll. "I didn't have any emails, texts, voicemails, or notifications from Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. So yeah, it seemed like a pretty normal day."

Knoll said he didn't notice something was amiss until he completed his commute to work. "There's one spot on my commute where I can usually get an AT&T signal if I swerve onto the shoulder and turn the radio off," he noted. "Normally, all my notifications come in at once when I hit that spot… as long as it's not raining. It was sunny this morning, but I still got nothing."

A spokesperson for AT&T confirmed that the company is working as fast as it can to restore its mediocre cellular network. However, he noted that efforts may take some time since all of their employees are forced to use AT&T phones, and thus there was no way for teams to communicate in the field.

At publishing time, the official AT&T Twitter account confirmed it had restored approximately 75% of its cellular network, which covers approximately 8% of its subscriber base.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
AT&T is the worst, dumped them 17+ years ago never looked back
yet every other carrier that rents/contracts cell towers/time/service from them,
has no issues

:luvplace:

I was a customer of Cingular Wireless in 1987 and AT&T bought them and the rest is history. I've never had a problem with them, although I don't like them. They sent me a text the other day apologizing for the service interruption, didn't have one, never affected me. They all suck, half my family had Verizon, they dropped them because they wouldn't pick up at our lake house, AT&T did. I'm not picking bones on one being better than the other. It depends on where you are and what you want. I've NEVER not had service in all these years, not once. Good for me you say, that's my point!! Pick your poison.

Consumer Cellular for Geezers. No service. 2 phones in same room. One had signal, one did not.

All I know is T Mobile also had problems that day.
I had to keep rebooting my phone while driving for service.
And voice on Google directions didn't work.
What could the connection be?
A cyber security expert on the radio said any attack would probably be preceded by a test at like 4:30 AM and then halted.
When it wouldn't be noticed
I have T mobile and I had no service problems that day when ATT was down.
I'd been with ATT for a long time, and had even still stuck with basic service and a flip phone. They said my service was being discontinued a few years ago and I'd have to get a new phone and plan. That is when I shopped around and got a good over 55 plan at T mobile with a free smartphone. No complaints so far other than if I'm listening to a podcast at work the service sometimes stalls, get the spinning wheel and such, same with Youtube videos. T mobile actually called me one day just to see how things were going with my service. I mentioned that problem and they said that was probably because I was working in an area with a lot of offices and that meant lots of people were using service at the same time from the same towers and that sometimes bogged down data, claimed they were working on improving that where that happens. But months later that still happens for me, just at work though.

Auto Transport Service
Back