• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian drag racing.

Hemi Rebel

Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
If anyone has mav tv at 7pm eastern they have australian drag racing scheduled. Dont know what that is all about but im going to record it and watch it

Yes, I've been catching it for a couple of months now. There is a bit of a difference and I'm still trying to figure it all out. They are running in kph instead of mph but the commentators are converting it for the viewers. They have a lot of different alki classes and I'm thinking the top fuel is nitro? Looks like they are running full 1/4 mile passes.
I have been wanting to ask some of the Aussies on here to get us up to speed.

Channel 248 on Dish

Watched it last night. It was funny seeing the times ,like: 6.57 @ 301.50. Not used to KPH.

All tracks in Australia are still 1/4 mile, even for Top Fuel and Nitro Funny car. While we don't have the same number of cars and competitors you guys have in the US, we still have a few guys who put a lot of effort and money in and run some world class numbers.

If anyone has mav tv at 7pm eastern they have australian drag racing scheduled. Dont know what that is all about but im going to record it and watch it

Umm..it's drag racing..What variations were you expecting? ;) Kangaroo pit crew?

Well, I suppose we drive the car from the right side..so that has a degree of technicality to it! Oh, unless it's a rail or a funny car..then all is the same as the US.

All the classes are the same as in the US too. All the way up to Top Fuel.

ANDRA Top Fuel is a class of Australian drag racing. It caters to the premium Nitromethane burning 300 inch long Dragsters. The class uses large-capacity, supercharged V8 engines with a displacement of 500 cubic inches. Identical to the Top Fuel class in the America NHRA.

Watched it last night. It was funny seeing the times ,like: 6.57 @ 301.50. Not used to KPH.

I caught the second half of the show last night. It was mainly sportsman classes. (Smaller, local type track) Real nice cars! And right hand drive!
Keep watching for the pro mod and top fuel shows!

unfortunately we don't get MAVTV with our current line up on Comcast/Xfinity, here yet...

Umm..it's drag racing..What variations were you expecting? ;) Kangaroo pit crew?

Well, I suppose we drive the car from the right side..so that has a degree of technicality to it! Oh, unless it's a rail or a funny car..then all is the same as the US.

All the classes are the same as in the US too. All the way up to Top Fuel.

ANDRA Top Fuel is a class of Australian drag racing. It caters to the premium Nitromethane burning 300 inch long Dragsters. The class uses large-capacity, supercharged V8 engines with a displacement of 500 cubic inches. Identical to the Top Fuel class in the America NHRA.

I dont know. Straight 6 hemi's and falcon xb's

no promod here . It's Top Doorslammer , blown motors only .
hey it's not all right hand drive , plenty of US muscle around .
Smaller local track , well we don't have too many . 3 primary tracks with Perth Motorplex and Sydney Dragway being the the best .
When there is racing on TV they will break down Group 1 into 2 or 3 shows with some Sportsman as filler normally semi's and finals .
Hope you enjoyed it !
Oh and as to XB's and hemi 6's . ha ha . way too many Torana's , Commodores and Capri's

Tex

Im watching it right now. Is at Calder park. Im enjoying it, especially tyronne tremayne's wife. The camera man has no issue filming her

- - - Updated - - -

Super street gets a big thumbs up. Loving this

Im watching it right now. Is at Calder park. Im enjoying it, especially tyronne tremayne's wife. The camera man has no issue filming her

- - - Updated - - -

Super street gets a big thumbs up. Loving this

Calder is a paddock , very run down . Tremayne's are big in prostock run well . Been 2 national events since then .
Superstreet is the class i run in . Though i haven'run a national event for a couple of years . You think you guys have to pay too high entries .

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back