• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Automatic Trans Neutral Safety Switch Wiring Routing & Clips

El.Padrino

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Hey!

Only found a thread here about this for a 4-speed car.
As stated in the title I am looking for detailed pics of the correct routing of the Neutral Safety Switch for a big block 727 automatic car (1968). Especially what wire clips were used and attached to.
In my case the NSS is a single wire.

I'll look at my 68 coronet hopefully tomorrow. I'm going to be pulling the valve body to swap the manual lever over to a 69/70 one and run a 3 wire NSS so I can get rid of that crappy design backup light switch on the steering column!

I'll look at my 68 coronet hopefully tomorrow. I'm going to be pulling the valve body to swap the manual lever over to a 69/70 one and run a 3 wire NSS so I can get rid of that crappy design backup light switch on the steering column!

This would be awesome. Just need to see where those wire clips are placed from the factory

This would be awesome. Just need to see where those wire clips are placed from the factory
Don't think I'll be much help on this one, my wire just runs down the firewall to the switch. No clip..

20211128_140554.jpg 20211128_140620.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back