• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

b-body

cuda-holland

Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a car and brought it to the netherlands, europe
i have a question for wich i cannot get an answer on the dutch
mopar forum, i have a 1970 original superbee but my front end
is rusted the pieces that my k-member is mounted on, i don't know the exact name in englisch for that piece. can i replace it with a piece from a
1971 charger or must it be an 68 to 70 b-body to make it fit?

thanx, Marcel

I'm guessing you're talking about the frame rails......what runs front to rear, and the inner fenders are attached to them at the bottom. I don't know if the rails from a 71 will work or not. The body change from 70 to 71 may have been more in the floors than the rails.

yes that is exactly what i mean. thanx for the info.
i wil have a look at the body on saturday and try to measure if it's
the same. i hope it is because it's hard to find such parts over here.

gr. Marcel

easiest way to check is bend a hanger to the shape of the recipient frame rail and check against donor

easiest way to check is bend a hanger to the shape of the recipient frame rail and check against donor

dd you are such a fart smeller I MEAN SMART FELLER:p
(I hadn't thought of that)

You might also check with any of the suppliers to see if they list the same piece for those different years

check with auto rust technicians(www.autorust.com) or dvap(www.dvap.com) autorust may have repair panels and dvap should have the entire rail if you need it and they say that they ship world wide. either one should be able to tell you what years will work for your car. good luck with your search. ron

Auto Transport Service
Back