• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back window glass

c.moo

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Have 63 ply. bev 2 door . Took trim off the back rear glass and found a mess . Clear silly cone everywhere ,took it all off and found the bottom was rotted out .Does anybody make a repair bottom panel and whats the best way to cut it out and fix . Thanks

C.moo, to the best of my knowledge the bottom rear glass panel isn’t reproduced. They way I repaired mine, I bought a Shriner/ stretcher and a box and pan break. The pieces had to be hand fabricated. These old mopars are notorious for rusting out around the back window. As far as cutting it out to repair, use a either a drimal tool with a cut off wheel or a cut off wheel on a side grinder.

C.moo, to the best of my knowledge the bottom rear glass panel isn’t reproduced. They way I repaired mine, I bought a Shriner/ stretcher and a box and pan break. The pieces had to be hand fabricated. These old mopars are notorious for rusting out around the back window. As far as cutting it out to repair, use a either a drimal tool with a cut off wheel or a cut off wheel on a side grinder.
What i meet where to make the cuts at . There is 3 pieces . Package tray panel ,the middle piece , trunk piece. Its the trunk piece and the middle piece thats gone. Don't want to mess with the leaded part if possible. Just don't want to cut out more than have to . Might have to found a donor car and get the whole trunk piece and the middle piece .

What i meet where to make the cuts at . There is 3 pieces . Package tray panel ,the middle piece , trunk piece. Its the trunk piece and the middle piece thats gone. Don't want to mess with the leaded part if possible. Just don't want to cut out more than have to . Might have to found a donor car and get the whole trunk piece and the middle piece .

That's what I had to do with mne is I got a rust free donor section and had to piece it in. The only rust on the car was the back window area. I had to cut out the entire width of the car, luckily not into package tray area.

Really check out your donor car I mean crawl in trunk with a flashlight and look it over real good. I went through 3 cars before I found a rust free one. All looked good from the top but undernath was a different story

Auto Transport Service
Back