• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Backing Plates for 11x2-1/2 Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerRamRod

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
I have 11 x 2-1/2 drums. Somebody in the past put a spacer under the drum. If I remove the spacer, the drum scrapes against the outer lip of the backing plate. there are different backing plates and I have the 2” ones.
Here’s how to measure from 72bluNblu over on FABO. Thank You 72

Set the backing plate flat on a bench. You'll need to hang the bottom 1/3 of the backing plate off the edge of the bench so that the mounts for the e-brake cables don't keep the backing plate from sitting flat. It isn't much, but they do change the measurement. Then, measure from the bench to the top of the backing plate through the center hole (for the axle) in the backing plate.
If you get ~1.75" or a bit more, you have 11x2.5" plates. They should be just about 12-1/4 across.

Last edited:
I currently have 11 backing plates, but I'm under the impression that there are different ones for 2" -vs- 2-1/2" shoes/drums.

When I get home, I'll see if I can measure something, though I'm not really sure what to measure. I might need to find out if there is a part number on it somewhere and what part number I might be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back