• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Food

paladin06

Local time
10:49 PM
Reaction score
P L E A S E ......read and follow through!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA......

BAD FOOD

This was shown on “60 Minutes†a few weeks ago. Disgusting !

Starkist Tuna is now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S. concerning quality, safety,and records, which Korea refuses to provide.

There have been several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China . Also, I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one. Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, " China ".

read all the way down...

Recently a Food inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in.

It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their Fish on Fish Farms are fed Raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth , put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy

Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China , and so are most of Europe 's Best.

Arctic Gardens are Okay. So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).

China is the largest producer of garlic in the world U.S. is next.

Buy onlylocal honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam.

If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware.

If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". I don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.

The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store. I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U.S. or Canada ?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OFMANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.

GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China .

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t.

If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans. Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam , China , Philippines .

Check this out personally. I did. Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia .

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China !

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!

Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U.S. !

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor... fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports.

Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we start getting food from China like all the other garbage in our stores... That's it...we're all dead!

A few months ago I saw a video about all the fish farms in Vietnam. The fish are farmed in huge pens along the banks of most of the major rivers. These rivers are full of untreated sewage from the towns and villages along the rivers. In some cases they showed sewer outfalls within a few yards of fish pens. I guess they think that they are saving a lot of money on fish food this way. It's enough to make you toss your cookies.:icon_puke_l: Be very choosy where you get your food. That applies to restaurants too.

Its too bad i cant grow and catch my own food, lord knows i wish i could. The quality of food, like many other things has been on the decline for decades.

Sometimes you get what you pay for; for instance local (for me) BC Spot Prawns $22/lb. Vietnam Tiger prawns farmed in pens under chicken cages $4/lb. My family tries to avoid products grown or made in Asia as much as possible, but sometimes food labeling can be vague-'made in Canada from domestic and foreign ingredients' is a label that you see often here. It's best to try and by local (or at least North America) and avoid processed foods as much as possible. But we all know that.

P L E A S E ......read and follow through!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA......

BAD FOOD

This was shown on “60 Minutes†a few weeks ago. Disgusting !

Starkist Tuna is now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S. concerning quality, safety,and records, which Korea refuses to provide.

There have been several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China . Also, I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one. Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, " China ".

read all the way down...

Recently a Food inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in.

It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their Fish on Fish Farms are fed Raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth , put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy

Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China , and so are most of Europe 's Best.

Arctic Gardens are Okay. So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).

China is the largest producer of garlic in the world U.S. is next.

Buy onlylocal honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam.

If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware.

If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". I don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.

The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store. I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U.S. or Canada ?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OFMANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.

GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China .

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t.

If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans. Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam , China , Philippines .

Check this out personally. I did. Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia .

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China !

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!

Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U.S. !

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor... fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports.

Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted.
just pisses most consumers off, when we find out we've been conned, by bad labeling & tainted foreign grown/raised food, U.S. or Canadian owned companies imports all for a larger profit margin, even tainted dog food, I know a few people that were effected by that too...

Attachments

• Smiley Really Pissed Off.jpg
    Smiley Really Pissed Off.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Smiley Cha Ching.jpg
    Smiley Cha Ching.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 249
Have I ever mentioned I hate China?????????????? I have taken up gardening "so far not so good" and deer hunt as well to at least get a start on some clean food. We also started buying all of our beef, bacon and pork at a local farm as well for these very reasons "we are being poisoned by everyone". It's really a shame that nobody can be trusted anymore, we might be clean with our food but it's still full of steroids, chemicals or just been genetically modified to the point that it isn't healthy anyways.

I remember being a young, naive, middle-class kid from Pittsburgh who joined the Navy and made his first trip to Europe. There I was walking through a market in Crete and the smell of rotting meat and fish was just over whelming. I walked past a meat table, and there was pieces of meat sitting out and just covered with flies, and the biggest issue for consumers was making sure the vendor waived off the flies before weighing so they weren't being charged for fly weight. :) We were eating gyros bought from street vendors and that had meat that was of unknown origin and with no idea how long it had been cooking out in the open.

We went to Antalya, Turkey and saw vertical rotisseries with skinned goat heads slowly roasting to perfection on them, and we were staying at a hotel that hadn't been expecting the arrival of 48 Americans or was prepared for us to all show up for dinner. We all ate siskabobs of meat that was of unknown origin, but when we got to the hotel there were two dogs playing in the front of it and we never saw those dogs for the two weeks we stayed there, so I suspect they were dinner the first night.

I went to Pohang, South Korea, and after being served smoked and roasted dog at a formal dinner, we went to a restaurant where we asked for English menus and saw items like Cow Brain Soup and Fried Intenstines and asked for the Korean menus back. :)

All of this is why I find these dramatic reports of "unsafe" foods so funny. We're like "OH MY GOD! My food might have eaten human poo!" and people around the world eat stuff a hundred times worse without a second thought. Americans have absolutely no idea how unsafe food can be, or what safe food even is.

I have some real concerns about all beef, pork and poultry raised and processed here. All are given steroids to promote rapid growth and antibiotics to help combat disease from being raised in horrible conditions. One reason our cancer rate is higher than the rest of the world. Pigs in feed lots are fed corn. The droppings from the pigs are collected and fed to chickens to eat the undigested corn in the pig droppings. If you look at where any of our food comes from it is all pretty gross. It is cheap, but gross. If you ever look at the difference in size of an organic chicken breast verses non-organic, it really makes you wonder. The US is just starting to regulate antibiotics in beef, pork and poultry production. This stuff was pretty unregulated and available to farmers from vet supply houses. Now they are beginning to require it be prescribed by a vet. Antibiotics to all animals as a disease preventative lessens immunity of animal an human life to rapidly mutating disease strains.

You can still eat healthy, but it requires a lot of effort and isn't cheap. When you see them load cows too sick to stand on a fork lift to be processed it really makes you wonder about what you are eating.

If we start getting food from China like all the other garbage in our stores... That's it...we're all dead!
Yep, they won't have to defeat us by military force.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember being a young, naive, middle-class kid from Pittsburgh who joined the Navy and made his first trip to Europe. There I was walking through a market in Crete and the smell of rotting meat and fish was just over whelming. I walked past a meat table, and there was pieces of meat sitting out and just covered with flies, and the biggest issue for consumers was making sure the vendor waived off the flies before weighing so they weren't being charged for fly weight. :) We were eating gyros bought from street vendors and that had meat that was of unknown origin and with no idea how long it had been cooking out in the open.

We went to Antalya, Turkey and saw vertical rotisseries with skinned goat heads slowly roasting to perfection on them, and we were staying at a hotel that hadn't been expecting the arrival of 48 Americans or was prepared for us to all show up for dinner. We all ate siskabobs of meat that was of unknown origin, but when we got to the hotel there were two dogs playing in the front of it and we never saw those dogs for the two weeks we stayed there, so I suspect they were dinner the first night.

I went to Pohang, South Korea, and after being served smoked and roasted dog at a formal dinner, we went to a restaurant where we asked for English menus and saw items like Cow Brain Soup and Fried Intenstines and asked for the Korean menus back. :)

All of this is why I find these dramatic reports of "unsafe" foods so funny. We're like "OH MY GOD! My food might have eaten human poo!" and people around the world eat stuff a hundred times worse without a second thought. Americans have absolutely no idea how unsafe food can be, or what safe food even is.
You'll love this. I once went to a garden shop, and they were selling fertilizer with "organic" nitrogen. I guess that the nitrogen that makes up 80% of our atmosphere isn't quite good enough.

When I read stories like this just makes me ask louder. What the hell is the FDA doing about it? What are our tax $$ doing going to this agency, and what are they spending it on?

Remove revenue/jobs, take over natural resources, destroy the enviroment and poison our food.........sounds like a typical war strategy to me

[video=youtube;kxHOCk7Fx2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxHOCk7Fx2U[/video]

The answer is very simple, eat local. Know your farmer and where your food comes from. Join a csa and patronize farmers markets. Not only does the food taste better and is better for you, the money stays in the neighborhood. Organic nitrogen comes from natural sources such as composed material, non-organic comes from petro chemical sources. Cows that can't stand and walk normally haven't gone into the food chain since the advent of mad cow disease. Big agribusiness is in bed with the government, so don't look to the government to help. http://rense.com/general33/fd.htm

It's a lot worst than most of us realize. The Chinese recently bought Smithfield, the former US based largest producer of pork in the world. I almost puked as I listened to my Arkansas Republican Congressman Bozeman defend the sale. His position was that the sale is not about moving the production and processing of pork from here to China, this was about us supplying China with pork raised and processed here and was going to create jobs here. Any one with half a brain believe that?? Even if what he said was not a lie what the hell will it do to our food and grain prices if we start feeding a couple billion Chinese food grown here in the good old drought stricken US?

There is a big push in Washington today to do away with country of origin labeling rules. Some (a lot) of our politicians do not want us to know where the products and food we buy are produced. How the hell close to 100 percent of our scumbag sold out bought and paid for congressmen get reelected is beyond me. The 2010 Supreme Court Citizens United case sold our OUR country to corporations and big international business.

The China buy out of Smithfield was just the beginning of the sell off of our USA based major food processors. The sad thing is with each sale the Chinese get priceless company proprietary and intellectual information related to the business that took our university's and scientists years to develop.

Off the stump for now but the actions and attitudes of most of our politicians both Republican and Democrat make this old Veteran sick.....

Rick

Europeans refuse to buy US genetically altered food products. We think nothing of consuming big agricultures "Frankenfood" while providing agricultural subsidies to the companies that produce it. There may be a good reason this stuff requires no pesticides. Bugs are smart enough to pass on it. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back