• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery cable sets gauging interest

Matthew Maloney

Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
Hi Y'all ,

I currently make battery cable sets for 67-72 A body with small block V8. I use OFC copper wire, 4 gage, and 12 gage. Non sticky vinyl wrap, high temp shrink tube, and high temp steel plated terminals.

Pic below is a 70-72 A body set I make. These are not concours perfect, but great for a daily driver or weekend cruiser, local car show type car. I have made and sold close to 50 sets of A body cables so far, and no complaints.

I am interested in doing these for the B body crowd. Figured I could start with 66-70 B and go from there. I know B/RB engines are pretty popular. I am gagging interest. I would need a set of uncut unmodified positive and negative cables to template off of as well as what year body, and engine. They do not have to be serviceable, condition only stock length with stock wrapping in place for measuring everything.

Whoever can provide that uncut unmodded 66-70 set, I will return along with a new manufactured set free for the use of yours as a template. Pic #2 shows condition of the one I used as a template. Insulation was cracking and falling off, but lengths were stock. Anybody interested in doing this? My A body cables sell for $170 shipped for the pair. I would imagine the pricing would be roughly the same for these.

Thanks
Matt

20200926_184819.jpg 20200725_130931.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back