• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Benefits of removing Power Valve on Holley ?

My way, these days, is 2 Edelbrock carburetors on a factory crossram. No more power valves....lol.

to me on the efi stuff i do, taking out the power valve of a carb would be like doing a fuel map that runs REAL DIRTY everywhere except at WOT.
just sayin :)

From my post #6: "All the other points concerning idle quality and plugs are valid."

The OP did highlight that it is a 'drag race only' car. No street time. The amount of idle and low speed time is minimal and WOT is what drag racers are normally concerned with. Again, for me it was always to decrease my variables. I do agree with your last post on a car that sees any street time. I guess we can put this to bed...lol.

I respectfully disagree. If you've ever had an older Holley that suffered a backfire and ruptured the P/V diaphragm, you've seen just how rich it can make the engine idle. The P/V channels do not go through the main circuit. Washing down the cylinder walls due to the up-jetting required when you remove P/Vs is not a concern in a RACE ONLY motor. Up-jetting correctly does not DUMP fuel into the cylinders like a stuck needle & seat or too much fuel pressure.
As has been said, a RACE ONLY bracket car doesn't need more variables, and works just fine without the P/Vs.

Last i checked they dump into the main well/circuit then to the boosters.

Ahhhh, that's the ticket. Write posts, THEN drink beer....I had it backwards!

Auto Transport Service
Back