• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best book to learn about '62-'65 B body chassis specifics

61-63

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
I'm mainly a Pontiac guy but want to build a '62-'65 b body mopar cross ram car. I know all about Pontiacs and what engine requires which cross member, trans mounts, etc., etc., but nothing about mopar cars. What would be the best book (or books?) should I buy if I want to learn about mopar b bodies. Say I pick up a clean '63 b body slant six 2 dr post car what would I need to do to it to make in into a 413 max wedge car other than of course changing the engine. I know the engine mounts are different from lurking on this site, but the cross member under the engine is different too, right? How about the rear end are all b body rear ends the same strength? On and on. Rather than drive people on this and the moparts forums crazy with all of these questions is there a book or two or three I could buy?

"Maximum Performance" by Jim Schilds is a good general information book to start out with. It goes through the mechanics that make up each year of the '60's Super Stock cars. He also produced smaller books on select years of early B-bodies. There are a lot of performance modifications for these cars that no one has put together in a comprehensive book. These are discovered through years of finding what works, and what doesn't. Good luck with your search. Find as complete and solid car as your wallet dictates.

"Maximum Performance" by Jim Schilds is a good general information book to start out with. It goes through the mechanics that make up each year of the '60's Super Stock cars. He also produced smaller books on select years of early B-bodies. There are a lot of performance modifications for these cars that no one has put together in a comprehensive book. These are discovered through years of finding what works, and what doesn't. Good luck with your search. Find as complete and solid car as your wallet dictates.
Thanks guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back