• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Block Engine Mounts - mid range quality

SlinktRR

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
I am in the market for engine mounts. I have used several basic options from 440 source, mancini and summit all of varying quality...most from Korea. The 440 source mounts were korean and absolutely horrible, while the summit and mancini were korean yet passable for a mostly stock big block. I'm looking at something between the 5 dollar summits and the 200 dollar poly-locs. Is there something for 50-100 for a pair that is dependable for 400-600hp range? Or should I just budget for the poly-locs.

I've ran into the same decision making delima also.

I have decided to go with stock mounts and use a torque strap on the drivers side. I already have parts to make one like shumacher sells. The strap takes the load off of the mount but you still have the isolation during normal driving. They sell for $100.

I found two sets of "made in the USA" nos mounts on ebay. Priced right!

I have ripped up some polys myself so they are not the end all, I hate to say it but if you are having trouble keeping mounts in the car there are 2 options, 1- solid (mancini has them just make sure you have good dental work), and a torque strap http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/TorqueStraps.html
good luck. I have used both, I like the strap system

I have decided to go with stock mounts and use a torque strap on the drivers side. I already have parts to make one like shumacher sells. The strap takes the load off of the mount but you still have the isolation during normal driving. They sell for $100.

lol great minds, we posted about the same time. I was looking for a link.

you can make a torque strap yourself, theirs just is much easier.

Great info, thanks! I will buy the schumacher torque strap and see how the asian biscuits hold up to the new engine. NOS is interesting though, havent tried those.

I have a solid mount on the driver side and don't have a problem with vibration at all. I drive the car mostly on the street and also to and from the track. On my previous car a 70 GTX I used a chain from the k member to the water pump housing. That engine wasn't balanced very well and it would resonate through the whole car at freeway speed. So I'm thinking that if you have an engine that is balanced then a solid mount shouldn't be a problem. JMO

Schumaker interlockers. Smooth, durable.

i'm doing this on one of my cars.

I had a Schuemacher mount fail also. Am now using some from Mancini that they modify with a through bolt, around $50 if I remember correctly and a torque strap for extra insurance.

Auto Transport Service
Back