• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolt / parts number help

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 dosge charger, and now I'm kinda stuck. I'm trying to figure out how to find the bolts and screws that came with the car. A few areas don't have the bolts. Please help me.

Welcome aboard
Well for starters, just to get right to the point…. What areas are you talking about
Lots of areas require screws and bolts
Make a list, or take some pictures

The B-Body 66-70 Dodge manual is what you need. It is well worth the cost.
It will help sort what you have and to look for what you need.
I have about 95% of my fasteners sorted now because of having bought the books from
MMCDetroit.
MMC Detroit David Wise Managing Partner

fasteners.jpg

bolts.jpg

Show us some pictures of what you are working on, please. There is lots of bolts on the car, you will, probably, have to look for each of the parts fasteners individually. On some you may have to figure out what size and find a bolt at the hardware store or something like that. I learned to "bag and tag" every bolt as I go. Saves major amount of time and grief.

Sometimes Fleabay can be your friend even if just for reference! There are suppliers that offer parts sets for a lot of what you are doing. Whether its for interior work, moulding clips or engine compartment. And FBBO, pictures of what you need and specifics of the area where you are working. There is parts information and actual paper parts books available on-line.

I have about 95% of my fasteners sorted now because of having bought the books from
MMCDetroit.

View attachment 1535590

View attachment 1535592

MMCDetroit.

MMCDetroit.

View attachment 1535590

Is there a difference from this guide and the guide I posted I just want to make sure I am getting the same thing.

Show us some pictures of what you are working on, please. There is lots of bolts on the car, you will, probably, have to look for each of the parts fasteners individually. On some you may have to figure out what size and find a bolt at the hardware store or something like that. I learned to "bag and tag" every bolt as I go. Saves major amount of time and grief.
I will my car is being sand balsted and body repaired right now and after I get it back then game on I will send all the good picks.

Auto Transport Service
Back