• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boston newlywed, 44, is mauled to death by shark while paddle boarding

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score

Paddle boarding a mile off shore?​

Boston newlywed, 44, is mauled to death by shark while paddle boarding at Sandals Bahamas resort with male relative one DAY after her wedding

• The victim, who was not identified, was attacked less than a mile off the western end of New Providence island
  • She was paddle boarding with a 'male relative' who was not injured
  • A woman visiting the resort who posted photos from the scene afterwards, told DailyMail.com that her fellow vacationers could hear the woman's screams

No one enjoys the water more than I do, but I've been thinking more about it the older I get. I think things have changed and after what we have done to the land and their waters, these owners of the waters want us out of their backyard. Just a thought, probably overthinking, nevertheless, think about it. What would you do if someone crapped in your yard and filled it with garbage.

Don't go booking your next vacation there,the life insurance companies are already onto this!

Yeah, I wouldn't go running off all kumbaya blaming humans for some imagined shark-biting rampages there
just yet....
Some actual facts might muddy them thar waters:
Shark Attack Statistics & Interesting Facts That You May Not Know!

If anything, more obvious answers as to why we hear about attacks seemingly more often these days would
be the usual - namely, exponentially more numerous and instantaneous "reporting" sources, all hellbent on
being the first (or the most attention-grabbing).

2023 Shark Attack Map • Tracking Sharks
How many shark attacks have there been in 2023?
As of Dec. 5, there have been 79 shark attack bites in 2023 (9 provoked and 12 fatal shark attacks) publicly reported and verified.
How many shark attack bites have there been in the United States in 2023?

There have been 40 shark attack bite in the US in 2023 (20 Florida, 5 Hawaii, 2 California, 6 New York, 3 South Carolina). 2 provoked and 1 fatal (California).
How many shark attack bites have there been in Florida in 2023?
Twenty shark attack bites have been reported in Florida in 2023. Three provoked and zero fatal.
How many shark attacks bites have there been in Hawaii in 2023?
There have been 5 shark attacks bites in Hawaii (0 fatal shark attack). None of which are considered provoked
How many shark attacks have been reported in Australia in 2023?
There have been 11 shark attack bites in Australia in 2023. Zero provoked and 3 fatal.

Frankly, I have no use for sharks and if they want to play dirty we should show them who is boss and start eating them more.
Yeah yeah yeah wha wha the environment.
Shark attack: Every time, I immediately think about our young men in the pacific in WW2 and the almost surreal stories of survivors.
Sharks: F'em.

2023 Shark Attack Map • Tracking Sharks
How many shark attacks have there been in 2023?
As of Dec. 5, there have been 79 shark attack bites in 2023 (9 provoked and 12 fatal shark attacks) publicly reported and verified.
How many shark attack bites have there been in the United States in 2023?

There have been 40 shark attack bite in the US in 2023 (20 Florida, 5 Hawaii, 2 California, 6 New York, 3 South Carolina). 2 provoked and 1 fatal (California).
How many shark attack bites have there been in Florida in 2023?
Twenty shark attack bites have been reported in Florida in 2023. Three provoked and zero fatal.
How many shark attacks bites have there been in Hawaii in 2023?
There have been 5 shark attacks bites in Hawaii (0 fatal shark attack). None of which are considered provoked
How many shark attacks have been reported in Australia in 2023?
There have been 11 shark attack bites in Australia in 2023. Zero provoked and 3 fatal.
None in TN, I'm happy to report...

00 Shark Jokes 4.jpg

00 Shark Jokes 3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back