• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brain Fart brake booster question

pedal2themetal

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
OK Here it 'goes, :BangHead:
since I'm having such a problem with finding a Booster for my 75 fury and I don't want to remove it .
Right now I've got the booster unhooked (Boy does it take a lot of pressure to push the brakes)..
Here's the Brain Fart, Can I leave the booster on and unhooked, and just get a bigger plunger master to help with easier braking without the booster working. Whats on it now is like less than 1" and if I get one with a 1 1/2" plunger .. would it work and not cause a problem leaving the booster on and unhooked?

Thanks take care be safe
tim

you would need a smaller bore master to make the effort less not a bigger one 15/16” is the norm.

You say “Be safe” so please follow your own advise and fix your booster and have the car stopping correctly.

right now when you are driving you are a danger to those around you.

You can usually have your booster rebuilt if you can't find a replacement. Typically the diaphragm(s) need replaced. I've had my dual-diaphragm Bendix booster for early disc brakes done twice by Booster Dewey, aka Power Brake Booster Exchange. They do very good work and turn around time is reasonable. First rebuild lasted 25 yrs.

Auto Transport Service
Back