• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

build date question

woody3037

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Is there any way to figure out what the build date for your car was without a fender tag or build sheet. Fender tag isn't there and I haven't looked for the build sheet but am figuring it's probably not there. It's in winter storage right now. I have figured out almost everything without them. I bought the car from an owner that has had the car since 1984. He knew the original color, what the engine was and that it was a 4 speed from the factory. Also the interior. the order number on the radiator support and trunk gutter also match.

If you post a little more information, somebody will be able to help you "sequence" date it, based on build dates of known sequence numbers.

Parts should also have date codes and/or casting dates.

Nothing is really 100%, unless it's got a date on the door sticker, but looking at the grouping of the parts dates can help ballpark it.

Is it just me, or can nobody see YY1s avatar? Not to distract from the thread, but its bugging me.

Is it just me, or can nobody see YY1s avatar? Not to distract from the thread, but its bugging me.

I've been wondering about that, but too lazy to go poking around.

My guess is that the pic I'm using has been archived on the server.
It's from 2014-ish.

Auto Transport Service
Back