• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying a rottisserie

roadrunnerman

Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
There is a guy a couple towns over that is selling his that he made with 2" steel tubing. He says he used it when he did his ground up resto on his 3/4 ton ford p/u. I asked if it could be modified to fit mopar. He replied that his is adjustable to bolt to the frame and that I can weld some brackets to fit wherever I wanted to bolt it too. I only have a 1 stall garage now that I am currently doing my RR in, but you never know what the future says. Would I really need one? I have other cars/trucks that I will be doing. He is only asking $150 for it.

Unless your 1 car garage is more like 28 feet deep doubt that it could fit.

That is an item of great desire for a number of folks myself included. Looked close at one the last swap meet. For the price..how can you go wrong, if built like it should be the very weight will get your money back at a scrap yard. I have had the need for one of these a couple times and see one in the near future at the house.....to find a deal like you have stumbled on...I would not be on the boat seat cutting bait..I know folks that spend that much on beer and cigs a week..that just goes up in smoke and stains the snow...

The price is right, myself have looked at them also, but decided that a mid-rise lift is what I could get most use out of instead.

not picking but logic should prevail..a hundred a fifty now for a rotisserie against how long till you actually get the bigger coin for the lift...can't follow that one at all...it is a useful tool..it is a means to an easy way to do a job that will result in better workmanship for the most part all around...

150 was not the price of the rotisserie that I looked at, closer to 1500 and then would be used once a year vs. several times a month for lift. Also must lift up to mount on rotisserie. But that is just me, not the OP issue. Also my garage is 28x55 so I would have a little more room.

amx364..it was roadrunnerman and the 150.00 price that he quoted ..I thought you agreed that the price was also out of line at 150.00 lol...yes a lift is very useful tool and I do like using mine..handy as pockets on a shirt...but still if a setup was near me for that money...I probably would be apologizing for running into you on my way to snag it...

$150.00? Can't buy half the materials to build it at that price. Buy it, no second thoughts! Modify it to fit.

There is a guy a couple towns over that is selling his that he made with 2" steel tubing. He says he used it when he did his ground up resto on his 3/4 ton ford p/u. I asked if it could be modified to fit mopar. He replied that his is adjustable to bolt to the frame and that I can weld some brackets to fit wherever I wanted to bolt it too. I only have a 1 stall garage now that I am currently doing my RR in, but you never know what the future says. Would I really need one? I have other cars/trucks that I will be doing. He is only asking $150 for it.

Roadrunnerman . . . I've got an idea . . . you could buy it for ME ? ? ? ? ( smile )

$150.00? Can't buy half the materials to build it at that price. Buy it, no second thoughts! Modify it to fit.

I was thinking the same thing. Buy that thing before somebody else beats you to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back