• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

By the time I saw the ad it was already sold.

SteveSS

Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score

Dodge Magnum $6500

Mag.jpg

Looked like a good car for the price

I'd drive that!

A local friend sent me that listing last week. At first I thought for sure some scammer had stolen pictures of my car for the listing! Another friend I sent the link to called and confirmed it was legit. The cars are basically twins though. Listed for far less than I paid for mine!

4-15-23 (2).jpg

Those cars handle pretty good for the boat that they are! I drove a new one from the dealer that wasn't even a GT and it surprised me how well it drove. Was expecting it to lean and wallow like the cars of the older days did.

My friend has one with a 360 in it. Also a T top car. The same color, but with red interior. We were working on it Sunday in between beers!

Resized_20230606_222602.jpeg

Resized_20230606_222648.jpeg

Resized_20230606_222615.jpeg

Probably the biggest improvement you could make on those cars is to get rid of the rubber isolation ****. I think the police cars used sintered iron substitutes.

My friend has one with a 360 in it. Also a T top car. The same color, but with red interior. We were working on it Sunday in between beers!

View attachment 1517331

View attachment 1517333

View attachment 1517334
In early 88 I bought a Midnight Charger with a 400 in it from a neighbor. Ran good and handled good and was clean as could be but couldn't get the dang valve covers to quit leaking. The wife drove it a lot and liked it but also became pregnant and breathing the faint smell of burning oil off the exhaust manifolds so I sold it after the 3rd attempt. Think the head casting itself was leaking because I used way better gaskets on the second attempt and then used lots of sealant on the 3rd attempt and it wasn't any better. The reason the neighbor sold it was because of that.....got it cheap and thought he just didn't know what to do. Oh well.....

Auto Transport Service
Back