• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-Body rear shocks ???

Canadian1968

Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
My goal next year is to try and dial in my rear suspension. I have been doing a lot of reading, and the use of C body shocks keep coming up as a common replacement ,when using SS leaf springs or calvert mono leafs.

My understanding is they are used for the extra extension. When I look up a set of new Yorker or polara shocks, the specs show that extension is the same if not shorter than those for a b body.... is there a specific model In the c body line up that has different shocks ?

I thought they were longer.
Maybe look at town-n-country wagon??
Of course, you need to watch the collapsed length as well....

I'm seeing 23.625 extension and 14.xxas the constant dimensions.

Actually calverts rear shocks are listed as

22. Standard
23 lowered

These are for 68 charger BTW

I'm using Monroe gas magnum 1993 1/2-3/4 ton 2 wheel drive truck shocks on my charger. They are 24.375 extended, and 14.750 collapsed. They also have the correct bolt size and width on the top, and the correct 11/16" rubber bushing size on the bottom. A direct bolt in swap.
My car is roughly raised 1 1/2 - 2" in the rear, and these work great ! when the rear is at full drop, these shocks are about 1/2" longer, so no worry's about them topping out.
Excellent control on the street or strip. :drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back