• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C body seats in a b body?

Rainy day auto

Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
So I have a 66 fury with buckets and I'm considering parting it out. I also have a 67 belvedere with a bench.

How would the fit and look be?

Anyone with experience swapping c body parts to a B?

I am going to make a guess that the seats are probably compatible, but the brackets probably different. Look at the contour of the floors where they bolt in. If you can find access to a 66 or 67 parts manual, look up those parts for both cars to see if they use different part numbers.

When hunting for a long time for possible change out buckets for my '63 B, to find higher backs with head rests, the seat pan width was a game breaker. B-body bucket seat pans are WIDE, 24 inches. Looked at many available seats that came nowhere near the width. Didn't like the look of putting in buckets having half a foot narrower width, one seat. I resorted to installing head rests on the OEM buckets, despite those not being available for another 5 years. Needed those having a neck fusion as doc said I wouldn't do well getting whiplash. Quick guess would be those OEM buckets would be a decent set in on a C body.

Should be relatively easy to remove the bench, and test fit a C body bucket by aligning the studs on one side to see where the others land.

My '63 was initially a bench, was pretty easy to locate for buckets having the floor brackets with the buy with the buckets I obtained.

My friend has 73 C body seats in his 70 Charger R/T. Power drivers seat too.

20220625_141031.jpg

20220625_141016.jpg

My friend has 73 C body seats in his 70 Charger R/T. Power drivers seat too.
Lol, wish I'd have come across those when I was in a mad hunt.

Auto Transport Service
Back