• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I change the price on my for sale ad if someone has responded to it ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongR

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Can I change the price on my for sale ad if someone has responded to it ????

I don't see why not if you have a good reason like you mistakenly posted a wrong price. I'd be kinda pissed though if someone raised the price after i'd enquired about it unlesss it was an honest mistake. As long as you haven't accepted payment already it's still your item. I take it you're not lowering the price???? You owe whoever enquired an explanation if you're raising it.

I don't see why not if you have a good reason like you mistakenly posted a wrong price. I'd be kinda pissed though if someone raised the price after i'd enquired about it unlesss it was an honest mistake. As long as you haven't accepted payment already it's still your item. I take it you're not lowering the price???? You owe whoever enquired an explanation if you're raising it.
I want to lower it
but the edit prompt is missing

I want to lower it
but the edit prompt is missing
Just post a lower price. 10% is a good amount. I can change it in your original post or title if you would like.

That’s because you must have had it up for awhile - that function disappears after a while. But you can always respond to your own post with/a “bump” note and indicate the new price. Wa la Done!
Nope. He is not a Gold member so he can't bump his ad like that. @LongR

Just post a lower price. 10% is a good amount. I can change it in your original post or title if you would like.
I want to lower bumper jack to $125
Wheels to $75 each
Steering wheel to $750

Wheels to $75 each
Steering wheel to $750
OK done. Kind of a pain. Here's a suggestion, don't put the price in the title. Put it in the first post. You can then just post a new reduced price when ever you need to. It doesn't count as a "bump" but it does bump your ad to page 1 again. We consider a 10% price reduction ok.

Wheels to $75 each
Steering wheel to $750
Something else to remember, If you have website questions post them in the "Website Questions and Suggestions" forum. We (the staff) can get notifications that you have a question that needs answered. The staff needs to answer those questions as well. The members may not know the site rules and you can be misled. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back