• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I please have help with this 3 speed wiper motor question

70 SUPERBIRD

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Can I please get help with the proper date code for the windshield wiper motor for my 1970 Superbird.
The car was built December 9th, 1969. This is the wiper motor currently on the car and it has been changed year’s ago . Looks like it was built 34th day of 1969 . The question I have is what would be the correct date code?
Any information will be appreciated , Thank you
1709496029945.png

At least it's not too late of a date. Mine's not here, so can't check it... I'll dig through my pics to see if I have a close up.

Found a shot while I was scrapping the black paint off that shouldn't have been there... 307th day...

superbirdcleanup20182019 482.JPG

I do not believe there is an exact date code to coincide with the build date. As long as the wiper motor is built before the car it should be correct.

034 is 34 th day of 1969 ..... And 69 is the year 1969 I believe... I am not a super bird expert, but I would say it would have to be at least halfway through the year for a 1970 car built in the middle of 69 possibly or later... And Dad's bee... Confirms this because his if original would be the 307th day of 1969 production... Which I would think they pretty much would have Been building 1970 cars only by then..... Perhaps Mr. Jerry Hall can chime in here with the date off his wiper motor if original.??? Paging Jerry Hall?

I had my original restored. My car had a scheduled production date of 11 30 69. My VIN date is 12 69. I don't have a picture handy of the wiper motor, but the best I remember is it was about 2 months prior to the build date. I will check tomorrow at some point.

Mine was real close to the build date. 328 of 69
20240304_175751.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back