• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can You Pull an AC Box Without Removing the Dash?

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
I find myself needing to go through the AC box on my 69 Charger. I have never pulled an AC box before, and it's been decades otherwise. I expect that this can be done with the dash in place?

Yes. And, if that heater/AC box is anything like an A body, it can be a challenge when it's going back in with the heater core tubes, AC lines, and the studs all lining up going back on firewall.

(especially difficult when the new heater core tubes are not lining up like the one ya removed) :BangHead:

I pulled one on a 67 B body a few months ago without pulling the dash. A Charger couldn't be that different. Ofcourse it was a parts car so the real care was in preserving the AC box.

Once you remove the glovebox, radio, dash vent tubes, etc. it becomes easy to remove.

Once you remove the glovebox, radio, dash vent tubes, etc. it becomes easy to remove.
I had to replace a heater core in my 68 Sport Satellitte way back in the day. It was an AC car. Like roadrunnerh said above. It can be done without removing the whole dash frame, just the stuff in the way....

Console car ? Another obstacle .

Yes, console shift. I had planned on removing that and seats.

Appreciate the feedback all.

Auto Transport Service
Back