• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centre dash trim trouble

Car #4

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Last winter I took the dash trim and gauge cluster out of my 68 Charger to get the speedometer rebuilt. I put the cluster back in but not the trim because I wanted to be sure everything was working again before I buttoned it up. Yesterday I finally put the trim back in. The centre piece doesn’t fit tight to the dash on the upper left corner. The right side fits fairly snug but on the left I can put my finger behind it. Is this common? I think that piece is a repop, could that be the problem?

IMG_8172.jpeg

IMG_8175.jpeg

Yes...you have a repop. Not sure what to say other than that is unacceptable for fit.

Well that’s what was there when I bought the car. A few years ago I bought a repop dash pad for my 74 Challenger. I had to trim a bit of foam to make it fit right. Might have to do the same here. But that piece is so damn miserable to r&r I might just live it.

Auto Transport Service
Back