• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Jul

Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopar Happening show July 9-10

XS22J8R

Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
XS22J8R added a new event:

Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopar Happening show

This weekend is the Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopar Happening car show at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Belvidere IL. The show has been moved up a weekend due to Chryslers at Carlisle being moved to a weekend later than it has been in the past.
This is the biggest Mopar show in Northern Illinois every year and runs 2 days. Saturday is the swap meet, a Modern Mopar show and Charger club show.
Sunday is the main day of the show with the full car show, swap and vendors. Usually 300-400...

Read more about this event...

Weather is perfect this weekend. I went out for a while today and had a good time. MCG is not there though, they have been there for many years but canceled this time. Maybe gas prices? At any rate I was going to renew, now I’m wondering if it’s worth the bother now that my long time habit of renewing at CMC Belvedere is out.
Really looking forward to tomorrow and will be driving my red Magnum there.

Mega Parts was not there also from what I read

Maybe every one packed up for Carlisle

How was the show ?

I had a great time. I thought the car count was down though, which surprised me as CMCs previous 2 shows this year have been really well attended. And couldn’t ask for better weather. E bodies especially was a ghost town, but B and C body numbers were very good.
MCG didn’t show up this year. However Tim Costello came by and photographed my Magnum and the Volare Kit Car parked next to me for possible future features!
I took a bunch of pictures and will post a link when I get them downloaded and into a Flickr album.

Auto Transport Service
Back