• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler training videos showcasing '68-'69 B bodies with a few things I didn't know

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
I came across this Chrysler video brochure training video on youtube for the '69 B bodies. I dig the nostalgia, although it's a bit cheesy. Two parts of the video I wanted to point out and get feedback from you on -
[video=youtube;QKvjJ_Lg3us]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvjJ_Lg3us&feature=bf_prev&list=PL2E45DBA00A3E0E07[/video]

Look at 7:04 - 7:40 where they show the "mod-top" seats and vinyl roof floral pattern with the chrome mod-top logo on the outside roof pillars. I've never seen or heard of this before. Have any of you? It sure is ugly!

Next, take a look at 7:46 - 8:04 where they mention the optional manual adjustable bucket seats that tilt back. I have a '68 Sport Satellite and had no idea there was a '69 bucket seat option with tilt back seats. Do any of you have these in your car? I would be interested in getting a pair of these seats to install in my '68. I currently have buckets with the fold down buddy seat in the middle, which I really dig. If I can switch out the two buckets for tilt back '69 versions I'm thinking that would be cool.

For those interested, here is the link for the Chrysler video for the '68 B body models:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnrFm93MV-0&feature=autoplay&list=PL10AA6496A5B03496&pl

There are also some pretty good photos in here of these cars that show what was original in look and patterns, which can really help some of us in our restorations.

Neat. Nice gogo boots (and girl in general). The RR vert has recall wheels. The GTX is a 4 speed n96 and p/w car.

I think those are the "six way" seats, and it's not the back that tilts seperately, it's the whole seat that kind of tilts like a rocking chair.

Neat trick- the power six way seat tracks in a 5th Avenue should work for you. Easy to find and cheap, just get two driver's side tracks, as the pass side is different on the 5th,

The mod and floral tops and interiors are some of the rarest and most sought after cars there are. I think they were hellified.

Excellent! Very groovy man. I think I had a button up shirt with almost that same mod top pattern in Jr. High in 69.

Orange under hood air grabber, never seen that on a 1969 Plymouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Modtop photo Modtop.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back