• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic air or Vintage air

mmartoi

Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
1969 Roadrunner, 440.
I was looking to put Ac in this living in South Carolina. Can I get any experiences any of you might have using either of these and your thoughts.

20231222_170241.jpg

Used them both on many different cars. Both good companies to deal with.
Pretty much the same.

Go to each of their websites and compare the current parts kits. Assuming you aren't going for a factory look, you can mix and match parts to suit your needs or just install the kit.

Vintage Air's condenser brackets used factory holes in one of my projects. I don't recall which one. They also had a better way to route the AC lines for a cleaner appearance.

Vintage Air's condenser brackets used factory holes in one of my projects. I don't recall which one. They also had a better way to route the AC lines for a cleaner appearance.

01 face 29.JPG

No, no......Vintage Air has far too many drawbacks and NO, their hose routing is not better.
If want the truth, read this thread.

Vintage Air installation in a 1968 Satellite

Vintage Air may be fine functionally but their system is nowhere near as simple to install as Classic Auto Air.
Their recommended hose routing limits front tire and wheel width. The hose routing under the dash is cramped and crowded. Their system requires more fittings and more hose crimping, each one a potential leak.
I will advise every enthusiast to avoid Vintage Air as long as CAA is still in business.
I'm not done with this current project, I'm sure there will be more obstacles ahead of me.

Last edited:
View attachment 1620511

No, no......Vintage Air has far too many drawbacks and NO, their hose routing is not better.
If want the truth, read this thread.

Vintage Air installation in a 1968 Satellite

Vintage Air may be fine functionally but their system is nowhere near as simple to install as Classic Auto Air.
Their recommended hose routing limits front tire and wheel width. The hose routing under the dash is cramped and crowded. Their system requires more fittings and more hose crimping, each one a potential leak.
I will advise every enthusiast to avoid Vintage Air as long as CAA is still in business.
I'm not done with this current project, I'm sure there will be more obstacles ahead of me.
I was referring to either the 69 El Camino or 70 Cuda for an example of the different kits. Not making a recommendation other than doing research.

Sorry if I came across as a “know it all”.
I’m gun shy on this topic. This 68 Satellite project has tested my abilities.

Auto Transport Service
Back