• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries Center Dash Trim fitment problem - 1970 B Body Mopar Ralley Dash

Wing It

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a center dash trim from Classic Industries and has had good luck with it? It is this item https://www.classicindustries.com/product/mb179904.html

I purchased one and the area where it meets the left dash trim above the steering column is about 1/4" to 5/16" out of alignment. No matter how you hold it up to the dash it just does not line up properly. It is like it was removed from the mold before the plastic was hard and it got distorted.

Classic Industries got me in touch with their supplier, Tony's Parts. Tony says he has never had any problems with these parts in the 15 years he has been making them, and he graciously offered for me to ship it back to him for inspection and possible free replacement. Before I do that my one simple question her is this: Has anyone purchased this same part and had good luck with it's fit?

Just trying to decide if I want to spend the money on freight or cut my losses and search out a factory used part instead.

Thanks in advance!

20230330_085240.jpg

20230330_085137.jpg

20221207_093354.jpg

Last edited:
On my 69 I had problems with the reproduction A pillar parts Tony sold. I never complained as they sat on my shelf for 12 plus years before I put the car togeather. I had to use my heat gun and rework both of them the left side was worse. Did they deform on the shelf or were they made wrong? I will never know. My original ones with the broken top tip were in a box with **** piled on them just as long and they fit fine. Tony is a decent guy. I would send it back asap for his opinion. Or try heating it and it might fit. You might have it fitting with a little creativity before you can pack it in the box to go back.

In the lower photo, looks like the left one doesn't fit well either.
I haven't any experience with those specific parts, but I've seen the earlier-year (1-piece padded) repros, and they have a gap at the arch, where the originals fit better.
I've had the fit issues Pnora mentions on the A-pillars; for one thing, originals have a tiny tab near the dash that the repros don't.
Castro Valley, huh ? I lived there for awhile, left in 2004.

In the lower photo, looks like the left one doesn't fit well either.
I haven't any experience with those specific parts, but I've seen the earlier-year (1-piece padded) repros, and they have a gap at the arch, where the originals fit better.
I've had the fit issues Pnora mentions on the A-pillars; for one thing, originals have a tiny tab near the dash that the repros don't.
Castro Valley, huh ? I lived there for awhile, left in 2004.
Thanks for your help! Lived in CV my whole life but it is a lot different now. We are looking at Idaho as well.

On my 69 I had problems with the reproduction A pillar parts Tony sold. I never complained as they sat on my shelf for 12 plus years before I put the car togeather. I had to use my heat gun and rework both of them the left side was worse. Did they deform on the shelf or were they made wrong? I will never know. My original ones with the broken top tip were in a box with **** piled on them just as long and they fit fine. Tony is a decent guy. I would send it back asap for his opinion. Or try heating it and it might fit. You might have it fitting with a little creativity before you can pack it in the box to go back.
Thanks for your help! Tony did tell me they had a learning curve on the A pillar trims at first, years ago. He said that some were getting deformed while removing them from the mold as the plastic was not always fully cured. I think that is exactly what happened to my dash trim.

Auto Transport Service
Back