• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Industries Interior Paint

1969 beep beep

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the interior vinyl/plastic paint from Classic Industries? Is it any good?

Classic n Eastwood have good paints for vinyl n plastic pieces, just make sure they are well cleaned n free of all waxes n oils, some of my pieces I placed in he dishwasher to clean n use the plastic adhesion before you apply the paint

I've used the classic interior paint and so far I like it. it covers well and looks great

How many cans would I need to paint the glove box, lower dash pad, lower kick panels, A Pillar plastics and 4 arm rest pads on a 69 RR?

Anybody know if these paints work on a steering wheel?

Two cans should do it. I paint the upper and lower dash pads and glove box with one can and had a little left. At least enough for one kick panel. Pick yourself up a can of bulldog adhesion promoter for the kick panels and a pillar trim. And get the vinyl and plastics very clean and use some vinyl prep.

You can use TSP to clean all of your interior pieces. Adhesion promoter is critical.
Pick up 3 cans of colour to be on the safe side.

Thanks guys. How many cans of adhesion promoter? I was going to also buy it from Classic Industries. It looks like a Classic Industries brand.

Any idea how true the colors are? I see they have a few shades of blue. I might have to try a couple different shades. I had a steering wheel redone and I'm not too happy with the results. Also how about the gloss?

Any idea how true the colors are? I see they have a few shades of blue. I might have to try a couple different shades. I had a steering wheel redone and I'm not too happy with the results. Also how about the gloss?
I've only used the black so I'm not 100%. One thing I can say for sure is that rattle can will be quite difficult to get correct. It'll be close...but.
I'd just shoot them an email with your interior color code.
The black I shot came out great on the dash bezels/kick panels/A pilars but the glove box door is satin/semi gloss. Looks fine but will never be "shiny vinyl".

Auto Transport Service
Back