• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CME Engines

Wahoo1

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with CME engines? Seem to have a pretty big product line for Mopars? Too good to be true?

Hello Wahoo 1

I've recently ordered a 440 from them and am awaiting delivery end June. Mike the owner was very helpful in selecting the right cam and other components. He is clearly an expert who does not try to "sell you things" rather, he knows what is needed for your desired end result. When I called him with a distributor question he suggested I look at MSD's "ready to run" unit and explained the advantages quickly, clearly and confidently. Same with the carb - he basically told me to go with the quick fuel ss780 and that he has had plenty of success with that piece. Overall, I am confident the dyno sheet he will produce to go with the motor will bring on a huge smile (he sent me two variations to get an idea of what I could expect). Leave yourself a couple of weeks buffer in the event they need more time to get it out the door with all the details you asked for. So far, I can only say great things about CME throughout this process. They are experts.

3 things that turn me away immediately is: They do all brands of motor ( so they are not necessarily perfect at a certain type)
they use "pro Comp" heads which i have heard very bad things about.
and the way they word there engine cam types i.e you can have a engine with choppy idle, rough idle etc.

IMHO but it is upto you i would go to someone like "muscle motors" etc. as they only do mopar.

Thanks for your input guys, it's a big decision so I wanted to do good research.

For me it came down to deciding on a hi-perf build with lots of goodies for a few grand grand more ... or getting an optimized OEM rebuild with the driver qualities I really wanted.
Talking to the various engine builders was helpful.
Good Luck!

I would give MRI a call they are right here on this site as a vendor.

Auto Transport Service
Back