• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Column Shift Torque Shaft Bushing???

Grabinov911

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Guys,

Please take a look at the attached photo from the Factory Service Manual. This is a diagram of the column shift linkage for (among other things) a 1970 Roadrunner. You'll note that there is a Torque Shaft which runs parallel to the ground and rotates between two bushings - one attached to a bracket on the frame rail and the other on a bracket at the transmission itself. On my car, the bushing which supports the shaft where it rotates at the transmission is gone, broken, missing... As a result, the shaft wobbles, and the whole shift mechanism is inaccurate. Any idea what these bushings may be called or where I may find replacements?

Torque Shaft Support Bushings????

Thanks...

Shift Shaft.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Aha. For anyone who needs it:

Mancini Racing: Part # MRE-HF420

Gearshift Control Torque Bracket / Bushing: Gearshift Control Torque Shaft Bushing

$6.95 Buy two

I just replaced mine, made a big difference. Now I'm looking for a new swivel assembly as the pin in mine has a worn groove in it.

Auto Transport Service
Back