• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Fan Blade Size ?

69 Sleeper Bee

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I recently bought this 1976 Dodge D100 Power Wagon with a 400 B block. I noticed the other day speaking to my neighbor after driving around that after about 30 minutes of idling the temp was starting to creep up to the hotter side on the gauge. Never puked water and never overheated but you could smell it was getting warm. Anyway looked and see the PO had installed a 18'' diameter 6 blade flex fan and measured the shroud opening and found it is 22''. I did the shop towel pull test on the outside face of the radiator and found it has some suction but in the lower left quadrant it actually blows air forward. I looked in my new FSM and it doesn't specify the proper fan blade diameter so did some looking on the internet and it looks like I need a 20'' 7 blade fan w/ clutch like this one.https://www.hiltopautoparts.com/pro...ge-plymouth-b-c-body-318-360-400-440-engines/. ( I ain't paying $195 either ) I did see Auto zone has one for $55 but no picture and I would need a matching clutch to go with it.
I will post a WTB in the forum if this is the correct size I need. Thanks in advance for any info. Here are a few pictures.
IMG_2988.JPG
IMG_2992.JPG
IMG_2993.JPG

Pretty sure the factory fan was 18” but a later 20” fan should work just fine.

I have an extra 20” clutch fan if you decide to use one I think it’s a 149 and may have a 186 too.

Got sidetracked looking after the Wife, but remembered this morning! 20" diameter, part # 3462149 on each blade. (this is on my '77 Ramcharger, 400 x 2 barrel with A/C.)
ramchargerfanblade 002.JPG
ramchargerfanblade 005.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back