• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CORRECT QA1 ADJUSTABLE STRUT ROD INSTALL?????

HAHNAGON

Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have better instructions or can point in the direction of a post/thread that shows how to correctly adjust the qa1 dynamic adjustable strut rods on a mopar b body? I have all new steering and suspension parts front and rear. 70 charger. Every nut, bolt and part. Qa1 strut rods, pst 1.03 bars, poly bushings, pst tie rods, pst sleeves, pst fast ratio pitman/idler, tubular upper arms and boxed in lower control arms, borgeson gear box, pump, hoses, etc. I'm open to any recommendations on how to set all of this up before I drive it in for an alignment. Thank you.

Screenshot_20230919_133642_Gallery.jpg

I would set them so both wheel center lines are the same. I would most likely set them as a neutral fit so they are not loaded one way or the other. The readings they get will dictate if they need change. What caster degree setting are you looking for.

Yes. I have those instructions. I guess I thought there would be a little more to it, especially when it came to the adjusting part of the install. I think my problem/concern came up after I watched that one guy on youtube, take his charger to the shop for alignment. The technician told him he had to buy the qa1 adjustable strut rods in order to adjust his castor and be in spec. After I saw that video, my wheels were turning and I was wondering how far I could shorten them to add some castor and get great results. But after shortening them and looking at the lca after adjustment and then reading some threads on abodies/bbodiesonly, I realized that they are not really made for that, but could possibly add a little bit.

Check out 72bluNblu threads on forabodiesonly for an in depth discussion on how to set up. Basically same as instruction sheet with more emphasis on making sure there is no binding thru suspension travel.

Yes. Thank you. I saw you recommend that in another thread. I read it and read it and got home and tried it again. I loosened the strut rods and extended them until I could twist/adjust them by hand only, reset toe and ill drive it soon.

I believe the strut rods are good for 1 degree of camber, but you shouldn't need it with what's built into the upper control arms.

I'll learn the difference when I have the car back on the ground . . .

Auto Transport Service
Back