• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cragar Super Tricks

67charger383

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Are they reversible?

(I don't know why they wouldn't be, and some sources on the web say that they are)

Looking at a 15x12 set with 8in backspacing which would be perfect if reversible

It might depend on your brakes on the rear.
And if it does reverse, you would probably need to drill a new hole for a tube valve stem, and figure out a way to plug the original. (I don't think I would use a tubeless valve stem).
Edit: I have seen it done. The giveaway is the nuts on the outside. The nuts/bolts can be reversed too, I think.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert, sure looks like swapping side to side seems OK. As above the issue is the valve stem hole.

It might depend on your brakes on the rear.
And if it does reverse, you would probably need to drill a new hole for a tube valve stem, and figure out a way to plug the original. (I don't think I would use a tubeless valve stem).
Edit: I have seen it done. The giveaway is the nuts on the outside. The nuts/bolts can be reversed too, I think.
I have 11in drums so that should be no problem. Yeah I'd run tubes, do you think id get away with just having the stem on the inside? I know it'd be a pita, but if it works it works

I would not use a real super trick on a street car, and a drag car is gonna want you to check tire pressures multiple times at a race.
There are a few race cars in my neck of the woods that have super tricks on them, and they have had them for a LONG time, but I haven't seen a st on a real street car in decades. They aren't, safe, legal, or durable on the street.
You could consider Centerline auto drags. Everything a supertrick is not.

I would not use a real super trick on a street car, and a drag car is gonna want you to check tire pressures multiple times at a race.
There are a few race cars in my neck of the woods that have super tricks on them, and they have had them for a LONG time, but I haven't seen a st on a real street car in decades. They aren't, safe, legal, or durable on the street.
You could consider Centerline auto drags. Everything a supertrick is not.
Already have 15x3.5 ST frontrunners.

I'll be using these as race wheels with slicks for when I occasionally track the car, I have a nice set of 15x7 and 15x12 Cragar Starwire 30s and radial T/As for street use.

My Charger will just be a classic street machine when done. Drive it to work every once in a while and race for fun on weekends.

KIMG1277.JPG

For your stated use, I would go for it.
Interesting your fronts are one single drilled, one double. I think thr single is more rare/valuable. I have a pair of 15x3 front st too, mine are double drilled. Then again, I have four pairs of centerline rears that a double drilled, only one pair came from centerline that way!

For your stated use, I would go for it.
Interesting your fronts are one single drilled, one double. I think thr single is more rare/valuable. I have a pair of 15x3 front st too, mine are double drilled. Then again, I have four pairs of centerline rears that a double drilled, only one pair came from centerline that way!
I couldn't tell you why ones double drilled and the other isn't. I bought them from George Baptiste, they were ran on his SS/AA Hurst Hemi Barracuda.

The single drilled one is a 5x4.5 bolt pattern, if I find another at a swap meet I'd trade for the double drilled one.

But for my purposes I don't really care too much at the moment and it doesn't bother me.

I would be fun to see who spots that when they are on the car, and if they comment! If anybody does spot it, I'll bet it's a ST owner.
I'm curious, if you don't mind. Do yours still have the original Rockford grade eight bolts in them?
The reason I ask, mine need to have the bolts removed to restore the wheels, and my original bolts are all rusty appearing. I'm thinking of replacing them with stainless.
(Just as an aside, being a ST owner, I look at any other sets I see. I saw one set on a bracket camaro that I KNOW has been wearing them for decades, I'm familiar with the car. One of the four wheels was held together with grade fives!)

I would be fun to see who spots that when they are on the car, and if they comment! If anybody does spot it, I'll bet it's a ST owner.
I'm curious, if you don't mind. Do yours still have the original Rockford grade eight bolts in them?
The reason I ask, mine need to have the bolts removed to restore the wheels, and my original bolts are all rusty appearing. I'm thinking of replacing them with stainless.
(Just as an aside, being a ST owner, I look at any other sets I see. I saw one set on a bracket camaro that I KNOW has been wearing them for decades, I'm familiar with the car. One of the four wheels was held together with grade fives!)
Yes, original bolts.
They are rusty but not pitted or really bad and have a black appearance, you'd really have to look close to see that they're rusty.
I've thought about replacing them with stainless bolts, but I saw a set with painted bolts in a old picture and am thinking about painting them. Maybe red? idk. Not worried about it now.

One thing I thought was funny was the tires, They are Firestones from space savers!
That mad man was running space saver tires on a SS/AA Cuda!

I'll be buying correct tires before I run them. Maybe Morosos, but I am leaning towards Phoenix FX's for the look.

Maybe a stupid question, but what do you do with lug nuts for these? Do I need the extremely expensive ($40/5) Mr.Gasket Super Trick nuts? Or can I just use factory type lug nuts with these and put them directly on the 3in studs?

I would like to see the nice long shouldered nuts, but if you have three inch studs, I don't think they are necessary. My opinion only.
Yeah, those are scary tires on a 150 mph car!

Really, forty bucks for five?!? That's nuts! Try bolts for the 15x3 centerlines. There HAS to be a more reasonable alternative.

I went with the Super Trick lugs, my Centerline lugs didn't get to the inner half of the ST. I want both halves supported. Don't recall paying anywhere near that much for mine couple years ago.
Can't believe running a space saver tire on any sort of race car. IIRC they were rated for about 45 MPH & about 50 miles.

I have 11in drums so that should be no problem. Yeah I'd run tubes, do you think id get away with just having the stem on the inside? I know it'd be a pita, but if it works it works
I would think the valvestems would hit the drum brakes or the rotors depending on your brake type.

Just picked them up today!

Easilly reversible, just have to put a plug on the old tire stem hole and drill a new hole on the other side.

xS8UwA4D6PA8NSdn3LRTaerwO24RatQGMa0bHFq73eKa0yGZ6-Dchd0WAg6BYJq-n0SzN3_=w1264-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back