• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Crew Cab Cummins Dually

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopardug

Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
Good evening, I hope that everyone's Christmas was great.
The boss and I are thinking about upgrading our current Crew Cab Cummins.
Since I don't want to play with DEF, I'm thinking '06-'12. We want an auto. A Laramie or Limited would be nice, but we're not looking for anything over 300K on her clock. 2WD or a non-lifted 4WD. Close to OE...we aren't looking for 800HP. We live in Central KY, so about 500 miles out would be our limit.
Our budget is $30K.
Thanks for looking.

I don't qualify as mine is not a dually. But I have an 06 5.9 Cummins 2500 Laramie quad cab. 168K asking 25K.

What does she look like?
I got a '90 F250 from my aunt, who had a dually kit installed.
To me, duallys just seem to handle a trailer better.

I have had no trouble towing with a 2500, my brother went with a 3500 dually for his 8500 lb. camper. I pull a 24 ft. enclosed car hauler and the average car inside is probably close to 4000 lbs. I have no idea what the trailer weights. The trailer will soon be for sale, as I'm just not using either much anymore. I will get some pictures later today, I don't know where the ones on my phone went.

I pulled my 28' enclosed loaded with everything inside including a golf cart and my cars with my 96' Ram 2500 V10 for many years. I have owned it over 26 years and this truck has been flawless. Still own it, but the Michigan winters have killed the body so, I now have a 2004 Ram 3500 CTD dually. It does the job even easier.

IMG_55461.jpg

20210904_171159.jpg

20210820_182134.jpg

Our Dually is a good work truck. We've never had any problems towing with her.
My wife doesn't drive a manual, and isn't really interested in learning. And I'm getting tired of banging the gears.
I drive a Cascadia for my real job, and she's a 10-speed Eaton.
That's the biggest reason for looking to upgrade.
Ours has some rust, and needs some work done on her.
It would be cheaper to fix ours up, she'd be a really nice truck with maybe $10K thrown at her. But I'd still be banging gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back