• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CS 130 140AMP 1 WIRE ALTERNATOR

EARLY B

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
This alt puts out 14.6 volts. Voltage to trunk battery 14.5 Volts at fire wall and dash 14.5 to 14.6 Is there any way to reduce the volt output of alternator? Even when the headlight and the wipers and the heater are on it still puts out 14.5 volts. Amps are not the problem, Battery stays charged.

Why? Sounds like it is doing its job.

Seems like the high volts may be hard on bulbs, heater and wiper motor, Ignition parts. ect.
That is not high. Old school was 13.8 to 14.2. Now days just about anything below 15 volts is about normal. Last I saw 14.5 was normal.

This alt puts out 14.6 volts. Voltage to trunk battery 14.5 Volts at fire wall and dash 14.5 to 14.6 Is there any way to reduce the volt output of alternator? Even when the headlight and the wipers and the heater are on it still puts out 14.5 volts. Amps are not the problem, Battery stays charged.
The system is performing exactly as it's designed. The only way to reduce the output voltage would be to reduce the EXCITATION voltage and current of the alternator's rotating field which, in turn, reduces the output voltage. The developed current is a function of the stator windings, the diode capacity, the RPM of the alternator.
BOB RENTON

Boiled down; the voltage regulator,, regulates the voltage.
14.5 is good. I'd only be concerned about the battery getting warm after long drives

Boiled down; the voltage regulator,, regulates the voltage.
14.5 is good. I'd only be concerned about the battery getting warm after long drives
I doubt it will. It may even level off once the battery is fully charged.

Auto Transport Service
Back