• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cummins 10-40

wagonman

Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
We have been lucky so far with the supply chain BS till now. Went looking for oil for my 92 first Gen Ram and there is NADA oil out there. Auto Zone Oreillys Wallmart Ect are out with no projected delivery date. FJB.Guess I will see if summit has some to ship. Also been waiting on some American Racing 15x8 slots from Summit ( made in China of course ) since November with a ship date of April 15th. When they mess with My cars it pisses Me off. Rant over.

I use Rot.15w40 in both my cummins only place I can find it is at Sam's club

Summit has Delvac with a ship date of 3-14. Sams is a 220 mile round trip. Shits getting real.

Rotella 10W 40 is on national back order. We use it by the barrel and even tried getting gallon jugs. Could not find it anywhere currently.
We would up going with an off brand AM Fleet 15W40 CK-4/SN oil.

Back when I was doing my own oil changes I worked close to a Cummins shop and they would have a special on a oil change kit and I would buy their synthetic or semi synthetic oil (Valvoline). Have you looked into any other brands besides Shell Rotella?

Bought some Moble Delvac Extreme last year when they had the rebates on it. It seems OK?

I've been running the Valvoline in my 2001. I'm the 2nd owner so I started back when it had 45,000 miles on it and it's now showing 112,000.

Now people will start stealing oil out of your engine, along with the cat converters.
Better add gas to the list of theft. Around here thieves found that they can punch a hole in our placstic tanks and not catch fire. A ram 1500 tank is $1000.

Go to an agricultural tractor or heavy machine dealer
Your local Cat, Deere,New Holland, Kubota or Case IH
You get the drift
If you bring a 5gallon bucket they might sell from their bulk stock