• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D/A shocks w Caltracs

mala

Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
I have D/A shocks front and back w Caltracs, I have adjust the bar so there are no preload. How do I adjust the shocks when the track has god prep vs No prep?

Specs is:

Weight w Driver 3860 lb
512 cu circa 600 hp (I guess here)
Flashstall 4800 rpm
9x29" slicks bia-ply.
Foot brake. hold it to circa 18-2000 rpm and nail it.

I have 1.54 60ft as best on a god track, it could better I hope... School me how to adjust the back shocks... Im loost here!

Thanks!

No prep will most likely like looser rebound at both front and back. With a litt;e tighter rear rebound.
Doug

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer.

What I can se from a video taken from a track with poor traction is there are no or miner separation between tire and body out back. Is there a rule of thumb how much body separation there should be?
Im the only One around here that drivs Mopar so I have no one to ask about this subject.

You wont get a lot of separation without traction, the car needs to hook up fairly well to load the suspension.
It's a case of trying what works but if you have a prepped track I would be starting with a tighter rebound (12-14) on the rear and if it breaks free loosen it up a couple of clicks, if you getting too much separation, tighten it up a couple.

Well, I just started with no preload and I don't know were to start. The pivot just touch the spring now, is it better with preload?

How hard it separates is a function of instant center. In the case when using Cal-tracs, you'll have plenty. The speed of the separation is controled by the rebound adjustment. Added rear weight with controlled separation will help. cell phone video is the best. Point it at the side of the rear tire. The first video ais of my sons car on it's street driven M/T radials. The 2nd video is a friends car on bias ply slicks. Botha are ob prepped tracks but it'll give you an idea how to video. They should help you

Doug

I see a lot more body separation out back than I have. I must have som god side video that's for sure, so I can adjust from there.
Next time out I hope I can concentrate on the shocks.

Thanks for the video, its help.

Auto Transport Service
Back