• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash vinyl replacement...or am I just a foolish dreamer?

Lebete

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
wondering if anyone has tried removing all the vinyl from their foam core to do a full recover? everything ive seen for the most part just talks about cutting out the soft spots and patching, then painting or recovering. I haven't attempted this yet, but my assumption is its so stuck down its not worth the additional damage???

also who makes the best repro vinyl for interiors? 69 satty.

I think that without a vacu-forming table like Just Dashes uses, you won't be happy with the end results.

I assume you are talking about dash vinyl parts. From the evidence I've seen with the so-called professionals that do this for a living and have trouble copying the factory stuff, for me it would be a fools errand. I paid the big bucks to have Just Dashes rebuild my dash parts and they did an ok job but still not up to the factory standards. They use a vacuum forming process that would be very hard for a novice to make look decent.

wondering if anyone has tried removing all the vinyl from their foam core to do a full recover? everything ive seen for the most part just talks about cutting out the soft spots and patching, then painting or recovering. I haven't attempted this yet, but my assumption is its so stuck down its not worth the additional damage???

also who makes the best repro vinyl for interiors? 69 satty.
How 'bout some pix of that car ?

That turned out a lot better than I would expect. I once tried recovering a set of 66 Corvette dash pads with new vinyl skins. Wasn’t happy with the results and just bought new ones.

How 'bout some pix of that car ?
i have a couple quickies posted in the welcome wagon. i plan on taking a few more including top down, but it just got delivered wed. afternoon

Auto Transport Service
Back